Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tic-Tac-Toe Valentine shirt (pattern)

Firstly, im so sorry. I wanted to do a full tutorial on how do do this but a few things happened in the process and I just couldn't keep up with pictures.

Have you heard of Freezer Paper Stencilling? Its pretty awesome. I've not done to much with it but ive really been wanting to. I saw a shirt a few weeks back with a Tic-Tac-Toe design, I liked the concept of the design just not the shirt its self. So I decided I would try and make one.  Here is a really great video on freezer paper stencilling.  You can get my tic-tac-toe design here.

The first thing that stopped me from taking pictures was I could not cut out the stencil right. I tried 3 times and finally got it. I don't know what was wrong with me.

Second. I had just finished painting on the hearts and X's I walked away from the table ( I left the paint, cause I was going to touch it up when it dried with a 2nd coat) I did have the though of "I should not leave that there", but I said no to my self, Makenzi was sitting with her daddy and was being good. Not even 2min later I hear "Mommy wipe, Mommy wipe" I knew INSTANTLY what she had done. She had got up on the chair and dipped her finger in the purple paint and used the shirt as a wipe. I stood there for a min just in shock, Makenzi was freaking out cause her hand was dirty, of course I cleaned her up first.

I then stood there trying to figure out what I was going to do. Should i just throw it away and go get a new white shirt? Should I try and fix it? Well me being me I did try and fix it. I got it almost completely out! I was so glad. I spent 5min scrubbing it, i let the staind part soak for about 5min being very carful not to get the design and wet paint wet. I let the paint try as much as i could and heat set it and threw it in the washer. I let it lay flat to dry. When it dried you couldn't even really see where the stain was. Im so glad. I did have to touch up the paint some but its good as new!
after seeing this close up i have fixed the un-even lines

Here is a close up of the stain, see you really cant see it.
you can click on the image to see it closer.

2 comments:

  1. Thats SO awesome!! I'm going to have to make something for the boys!! :) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Comments from Amazing people.